Hi everyone! Hope you’re having a great day!
All Tolkien heroines are awesome. However, some of them are not so famous. Therefore, I bring you the Unpopular Heroines Challenge to show our love for the less know female characters in Arda.
There is no time limit to do this challenge. You can do them once or multiple times. You can do them everyday, once a week, once a month, or whenever you feel like it.
There is only one rule: The heroine must be unpopular!
It is up to you to define “unpopular”. However, Arwen, Eowyn, Galadriel, and Tauriel must definitely not be included as “unpopular”.
The Silmarillion characters who have their own chapters and stories, such as Luthien, Aredhel, Idril, Nienor, Elwing, and Melian, are verging on being popular. So I’d advise you not to do them.
Think of characters who only appear in one paragraph, or even one sentence. Characters who are only known as somebody’s wife or mother or daughter, with no stories about them.
Some prompts to get you started:
- Nessa the Dancer
- Vana the Ever-Young
- Este the Gentle
- Vaire the Weaver
- Ilmare, Varda’s handmaiden
- Uinen, the Lady of the Sea
- Arien, the Sun Maiden
- Findis, eldest daughter of Finwe and Indis
- Irime, second daughter of Finwe and Indis
- Amarie, Finrod’s girlfriend
- Nimloth, Dior’s wife
- Rian, Tuor’s mother
- Aerin, an Easterling’s wife
- Morwen of Lossarnach, Theoden’s mother
- Elfhild, Theoden’s wife
- Firiel, a Gondorian princess
- Theodwyn, Eowyn’s mother
- Dis (she is the only named female Dwarf, yet she is not so popular)
- Gloin’s wife (Gimli’s mother)
- Thrain’s wife (Thorin’s mother)
- Angelica Baggins, Bilbo’s vain niece
- Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, Bilbo’s nasty cousin
- Primula Brandybuck, Frodo’s mother
- Diamond Took, Pippin’s wife
- Esmeralda Brandybuck, Merry’s wife
- Any of Sam’s daughters
Check our characters list for more!
Tag them with #tolkienheroines and I will reblog them.
Reviving the Unpopular Heroines Challenge! Let’s do it! <3